EAC was a three days workshop organized by Inspiria Knowledge Campus in association with EDI, Ahmedabad which was sponsored by NSTEDB, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. This camp was conducted to generate awareness among students about ‘Entrepreneurship, Leadership & Communication- skills’.
The first day of the camp was based on ‘LEADERSHIP- skills’ which was conducted in two sessions. The first session was taken by Mr. Indrajit Chatterjee, Associate Professor & Program Co.ordinator – EAC. Which was enlighting and encouraging for the students attending the camp.
- His session started with an introduction on startup (What are they?). How can a new innovative idea become a startup and also get himself started with small scale industries
- He briefed about NIF National Innovation Foundation and on its mission, activities, etc.
- He spoke about- how patents can be easily made available
- Also, encouraged new innovative ideas and how can one get a pathway to develop themselves.
- He shared his research and enlightened the crowd about the opportunities available in Indian market.
Mr. Indrajit’s session was very inspiring and motivating. The students were enlightened and energized to startup with their ideas and dreams.
The second session of the day was lead by Mr. Arindam Chakroborty, Principal of Royal Academy, in which he put highlights on the other aspects of ‘Leadership- skills’.
- He began with Leadership- the pathway to becoming leaders.
- He emphasized on the principles of leadership.
- Also, inspired by speaking on the qualities of leadership.
- He explained how leaders can adapt themselves and also delegate their power.
Mr. Arindam’s section was highly motivating and persuading. The students listened to him with great interest and the session turned to be a very interactive one.
Day two (2) of the session began with Mrs. Abhaya Bose, Principal Modella Caretaker School Siliguri. Her session was based on ‘Entrepreneurship Journey’.
- She started the session with Entrepreneurship-(what is entrepreneurship?).
- Highlighted in how applying a knowledge can help you become an entrepreneur.
- Her expert advice on how the execution of Knowledge at the right time helps you.
- She also mentioned that one should keep all the exposure open- to get information from all fields.
- Inspiring story: – Journey of a women entrepreneur who discarded her own success dream and rather fulfilled her parental dreams and turned two women entrepreneur in a field where they had no interest.
Mrs. Abhaya’s session proved to be very persuading and inspirational which was based on very interesting facts about entrepreneurship.
Day 2- Second half of the session was taken by Mr. Das from MSME, Govt. Of India. His vision enlightened the crowd over the technical & commercial aspect of SSI units.
- Mr. Das began with the introduction on Technical & commercial aspect of SSI units and sectors.
- He explained about the two types/ classes of MSME: Manufacturing and Service.
- He also highlighted on how to plan a project, and what are the points to keep in mind while planning a project.
- He disclosed a new standing order passed by RBI (Reserve Bank of India) that no collateral security needs to be given for loans up to 10 lacs.
- Mr. Das also put the limelight on how MSME helps in technical feasibility and economical help.
- He stated that MSME- Backup support is there for small and medium startups.
- Dr. Anil began his session with a question- “what is communication?”. He explained it and also left the crowd with an impactful message.
- He explained how communication plays an important role and helps in expressing your ideas and most importantly in the way desired.
- Types of communication blocks were discussed by him in details.
- He discussed how can one overcome the communication blocks.
- He emphasized on SMART communication to become a successful entrepreneur.
- He told to the house that Bank is willing and looks forward to giving out loans to potential entrepreneurs. Its misconceptions that bank does not give or want to give the loan to individuals.
- He also disclosed about the potentials that Banks looks for or seek in the entrepreneurs.
- He explained how Banks help small industries (Service, manufacturing & trading) to avail loans.
- Also emphasized to whom they ask for securities and why. He made this very clear that Bank takes security only in case of a not clear business proposal.
- A wonderful briefing was done about primary & collateral security. Also about the difference in them.
- PMEGP- is one of the types of loan which does not ask for collateral security.
- He enlightened the house about different Bank schemes that help in financing.
- He addressed te house on how to set up SSI.
- Then he spoke on how the loans are sanctioned.
- And he also explained the basic concept of Entrepreneurship loan facilities available on the banking sectors.
The day ended with an Industry visit to Darjeeling Cement Factory.
The third and last day of EAC was based on ‘Communication Skill’ & ‘ Scheme assistance support from Govt. Agencies.
The first session was conducted by Dr. Anil Sam George on ‘Communication Skill’. His session was enjoyed by all the students present.
A very informative and inspiring session on Communication skill was presented by Mr. Anil Sam George, which the students enjoyed and loved.
The second session of the day was delivered by Mr. Dutta from Central Bank of India. His session was on ‘Schemes assistance support from Govt. Agencies’.
Mr. Dutta’s session was very helpful and informative for the house and those for whom finance is the hurdle.
The third and last session of EAC was taken by Mr. Siddharth Gupta, State Bank Of India on SME basic concept of entrepreneurship loan facility.
EAC was successfully concluded by the Mr. Indrajit Chatterjee. A highly informative and awarding camp which enlightened the house with all the qualities and facilities required to be an entrepreneur.