Determinants is an important part of Matrices and this chapter focuses on determinants of orders upto 3. It also explains their cofactors and inverses, applications of determinants such as calculation of area of triangles, adjoint of matrices, consistency of a set of linear equations. The chapter is one of the most important for students.
The determinant of a matrix A is signified as det(A), det A, or |A|. In Linear algebra it is a scalar value which can be computed from the elements of a square matrix. It encrypts specific properties of the linear transformation described by the matrix. The determinant is either positive or negative with respect to if the linear transformation preserves or reverses the orientation of a real vector space.
Topics and Sub Topics Class 12 Maths Chapter 4 – Determinants:
- 1 Topics and Sub Topics Class 12 Maths Chapter 4 – Determinants:
- 2 Here Are The Top Websites To Download PDF of NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Maths Chapter 4 Determinants
• 4 – Determinants
• 4.1 Introduction
• 4.2 Determinant
• 4.3 Properties of Determinants
• 4.4 Area of a Triangle
• 4.5 Adjoint and Inverse of a Matrix
• Applications of Determinants and Matrices