Bachelor of Computer Applications or BCA as it is more commonly known as a three-year full-time graduate degree program in Computer Applications. BCA is one of the most sought-after courses in Computers for graduation in a huge number of students who want to shape their careers in the world of Information Technology and its allied services. A large number of aspirants looking for career options after BCA often complete their Masters in the same field but, BCA scope has enough potential to generate employment for fresh graduates right after their college. Enrolling into BCA enables a student to get exposed to a great number of opportunities in the job sectors such a banking, govt. Offices apart from the very obvious IT Industry.
A good many students often undertake positions in the industry after BCA as there are now ample BCA scopes to shape their career after they complete their undergraduate course in computer applications. An obvious good news is that recently, even companies in the IT/ITES fields including some big names as TCS, Wipro and Cognizant are showing increasing interest in recruiting BCA graduates for various posts in their organizations. Fresh talent and a whole world of opportunities to skyrocket careers in technology are what makes BCA degree jobs more lucrative for the computing aspirants.
Also Read: Why do a BCA course?
In BCA, subjects related to basics of technological applications such as mathematics, database management system, business data processing, system analysis, statistics and optimisation techniques etc. are taught at an elementary level with a balanced touch of both theories, practice and industry exposure.
Some of the most trendy jobs that you can take after BCA are:
- Computer Programmer
- Business Analyst
- Web Design and development specialists
- Computer Support Service Specialist
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Systems Manager
- Software Developer
- Software Publisher
- Systems Administrator in govt. And private organizations
- Technical Assistants in reputed laboratories of Govt. Of India
- Start-up – Your own business
- Chief Information Officer
- Application and Software Development Engineers
- UI/UX design experts
- Digital Marketing specialists
- Banking executives, probationary officers etc.
- Software Testing specialists
- Software quality assurance executives
- Graphics and Multimedia practitioners
- IT Incharge in Media, Print and Publishing Houses