The Age of Media
Inculcating the art of collecting, processing and
disseminating news every minute
The Department of B.Sc. Media Science at Inspiria Knowledge Campus, Siliguri – was established in 2015 with a perspective of being a specialized branch involving teaching, research and industry exposure. It works on a vision to make the students ’employable’, understanding the gap between the employment sectors and employability skills. It creates an ambience in which new ideas flourish for the welfare and development of society. Various local, national and international collaborative projects are being undertaken by the faculty of the department. The students are allowed to assist under their mentorship. Students of the department are able to deal with wide range of technical and on field challenges through the experience that they gain from the industry oriented projects.
Workshops with industry experts:
- Electronic Media: Newsroom, production, PCR, MCR, writing news for television, etc.
Sr. Producer (New Delhi) – Mr. Amit Sharma( IBN7 [Rebranded as News18 India]).
- Print Media & new media: Journalsm in the Digital World- writing news stories, etc.
Bureau-chief (Kolkata) – Mr. Sobhojit Bakchi ( The Hindu )
- Stage & Theatre production: Method acting, Acting Techniques, Diction & Speech, etc.
Member International Theratre Group & NSD (New Delhi)- Mr. Sheel Kalia
- Write-ups :- Digital Travel Magazine (Explorea).
- Blogging :- 1001things.org
- Video Production: short film making.
- Reporting news (local).
- Writing editorials, features & reviews (print media).
- Writing news capsules.
- Voice-over- for documentaries.
- Documentary film production.
- Advertisement – A/V (Digital).
- Public Relation – Live clients branding & promotion.
- Digital Marketing – live client.
- Photography & camera handling.
- Basic editing – Adobe Premier Pro & Photoshop.
- NDTV 24×7 (New Delhi)
- NDTV India (New Delhi)
- Hindi Khabar (Noida)
- Mahesh Bhatt’s Theatre (Kamani Auditorium, New delhi)