Bachelor of Computer Application is a course which is nearly equivalent with B.Tech/B.E in Computer Science or Information technology. BCA students gain Knowledge about applications of computer in real world. The course of study covers a variety of topics in the computer programming and designing fields, and can prepare people for a wide variety of computer science related professions. BCA students have a vital role not only in IT field, also in Management area.
With the growing importance of usability in applications in the IT industry, the profiles of Graphic Designers, UI/UX Designers are becoming more important and these resources are at the center of any product or software project. Candidates who are very creative and have good aesthetics sense are always in demand and BCA opens up that opportunity for them.
- To introduce students to the basic fundamentals of computer science and
acquaint them with the latest trends in the fast changing IT industry.
- To develop competent, innovative IT professionals who fulfill latest industry benchmarks.
- To develop sound knowledge among students in theory, programming,
communication, team work, organization and management skills.
- To inculcate in students, IT based entrepreneurial skills.
The duration of course will be 3 years full time
One Time Payment
|Interest free Security Deposit (Refundable)
|Library fees (Refundable)
Fees payable at the time of Admission
(Which includes first semester fees)
|Total Course Fees for 3 Yrs
(Semester fees + 1 time payment)
Students will be provided with 2 shirts, 2 trouser, 1 business suit, 1 tie, 1 Bag. Students will also be able to access all facilities available at the campus. All University charges like Registration Fee, Development Fee, and Exam Fee etc. have to be paid by the student, separately to the University.
Students seeking admission to BCA course should have English, Mathematics / Statistics / Business Mathematics/ Computer application at the 10+2 level.
- Digital Electronics (Paper Code BCA-101)
- Business Systems and Applications (Paper Code BCA-102)
- Introduction to Programming (Paper Code BCA-103)
- Mathematics (Paper Code BM-101)
- PC Software (Paper Code BCA-104)
- PC Software Lab (Paper Code BCA-194)
- Programming Lab (C/ Pascal) (Paper Code BCA-193)
- Computer Architecture and Systems Software (Paper Code BCA-201)
- Information Systems Analysis & Design (Paper Code BCA-202)
- Computer Programming (Paper Code BCA-203)
- Mathematics (Paper Code BM-201)
- English Language and Communication (Paper Code HU-201)
- Programming Lab (Visual Basic) (Paper Code BCA-293)
- Business Presentation and Language Lab (Paper Code HU-291)
- Operating Systems (Paper Code BCA-301)
- Data Structures with C (Paper Code BCA-302)
- Graphics & Internet (Paper Code BCA-303)
- Mathematics for Computing (Paper Code BM-301)
- Management & Accounting (Paper Code BBA-301)
- Internet & Computer Graphics Lab (Visual Basic) (Paper Code BCA-393)
- Programming Lab (Data Structure with C) (Paper Code BCA-392)
- Data Base Management System (Paper Code BCA-401)
- Object-Oriented Programming with C++ (Paper Code BCA-402)
- Software Project Management and Quality Assurance (Paper Code BCA-403)
- Statistics, Numerical Methods & Algorithms (Paper Code BM-401)
- Environment and Ecology (Paper Code HU-401)
- Database Lab (Oracle) (Paper Code BCA-491)
- Computing Lab (Paper Code BM-491)
- Data Communication & Computer Networks (Paper Code BCA-501)
- Unix and Shell Programming (Paper Code BCA-502)
- Windows Programming (Paper Code BCA-503)
- Elective 1 (Paper Code BCA-E501/A/B/C)
- Values and Ethics of Profession (Paper Code HU-501)
- Unix & Networking (Paper Code BCA-591)
- Minor Project (Paper Code BCA-592)
- Industrial Training (Paper Code BCA-593)
- Elective 2 (Paper Code BCA-E601/A/B/C)
- Elective 3 (Paper Code BCA-E602/A/B/C)
- Major project (Paper Code BCA-693)
- Seminar (Paper Code BCA-694)
- Comprehensive Viva-Voce (Paper Code BCA-695)
The Syllabus/Course Module are as per West Bengal University of Technology Curriculum
Medium of instruction shall be in English only.
Opportunities for well trained and qualified computer science professionals are endless. Recruiters include the IT Sector, Software, and Hardware Industries, Network Management companies, Web Designing companies, Digital Media production houses among others.
Job fields and employment areas for BCA students:
Software Quality Assurance