India is one of the many countries that have benefited from the rapid growth of the global sports market, but at this point of time the industry is unorganized in India and is in need of sports management professionals who can help organize this sector. There is a huge prospect of employability for individuals striving towards managerial positions
Specialization in Sports Management provides an insight into various administrative tasks, marketing & promotion, sponsorships, negotiations, governance of sports, technologies involved, facility planning and sports event management.
On the other hand, the Physical Education portion helps get a holistic understanding of coaching, anatomy & physiology, sports science, tackling injuries, strength & conditioning, kinesiology and biomechanics.
As a specialization in Management Studies, Sports Management offers a unique amalgamation of both of the aforementioned aspects which leads to an overall development of learners as prospective professionals in the field of sports
- Gaining knowledge in core competency areas of the industry.
- Identify and understand the factors that shape sport in a culture
- Understand sport management and the evolution of this discipline as a profession
- Apply the functions of planning, organizing, leading, and evaluating to a variety of sport organizations
- To demonstrate the concepts of strategic planning and resource allocation in the sports indusrty.
- Apply fundamental marketing and promotion concepts to the sport industry
- Identify and apply various legal aspects in the sport industry
- Understand and describe various roles and duties of the sports governing bodies accross the globe.
- Evaluate policiess and processes in various sport governing bodies.
- Get an overall understanding of various technologies used in sports.
- Organise various sports events effectively and efficiently
- Understand anatomy, basic bio mechanical principles and terminology
- Determine factors involved with development, fitness levels and training strategies.
- Understand and utilize various training methods.
The duration of course will be 3 years full time (2.5 years academics & 6 months industrial training)
|Interest free Security Deposit (Refundable)
Fees payable at the time of Admission
(Which includes first semester fees)
|Total Course Fees for 3 Yrs
(Semester fees + 1 time payment)
Students will be provided with 2 shirts, 2 trouser, 1 business suit, 1 tie, 1 Bag. Students will also be able to access all facilities available at the campus. All University charges like Registration Fee, Development Fee, and Exam Fee etc. have to be paid by the student, separately to the University.
At Inspiria, we believe in rewarding the hard work and excellence achieved by meritorious students in their academic endeavors.
As part of ????? ??????????? ???????, we are giving out scholarship for
(BBA Sports Management)
BBA Sports Management
|Score in Class 12
|70% or Any District level Certificate
|80% or Any State Level Certificate
|90% or National level Certificate
The duration of course will be 3 years full time
The eligibility of the program is qualifying 10+2 with 50% marks in Arts Stream.
- English –I
- Statistics – I
- Computer Applications– I
- Organization and Management in Sports
- Foundations of Amateur and Prof. Sports
- Language Laboratory
- Computing Lab
- English –II
- Statistics – II
- Computer Applications – II
- Contemporary Issues in Sports
- Ethics in Sports
- Public Speaking on Assigned Topic
- Computing Labpic
- Computing Lab
- Principles of Management
- Business Communication
- Financial Accounting
- Sports Training and Conditioning
- Leadership Principles in Sports
- Managing Sports Events
- Financial Management-I
- Marketing Management-I
- Human Resource Management-I
- Advertising, Public Relation and Sponsorship in Sports
- Sports Facilities Planning and Management
- First Aid and CPR
- Basics of Sports Medicine & Nutrition
- Sports Marketing
- Managing and Promoting Sports Events
- Spectator Management
- Funding in Sports
- Defence of Project
- Sports Law and Risk Management
- Psychology of Sports
- Managing Sports Organization
- Sports Media and Event Management
- Administration of Games & Leisure Plex
- Comprehensive Viva
The Syllabus/Course Module are as per West Bengal University of Technology Curriculum
Medium of instruction shall be in English only.
Athlete Development Specialist
Business Development Manager
Financial and Contract Analyst
Sports Facility Manager
Sports Performance Analyst
(To download this brochure, click on the 3 dots above and then select “Download PDF File”)