The hospital and health sector in India which also includes the Medical Tourism industry has been witnessing significant growth of late stimulating great demand for trained and capable hospital management personnel and resources.
Since the nature of work in healthcare industry is strikingly different from that of other organizations, the demand for professional administrators with relevant training and skills is growing briskly. This is a sector that delivers 24 x 7 x 365 services.
The Hospital Management course provides the much needed link between the myriad professional requirements in the health care industry and the human resources capable of fulfilling those requirements. Students are specially trained to effectively exploit the optimised use of physical and financial resources of the hospital. They are responsible for education, overall patient care, research and community health care delivered by the organization. Students from both medical & non-medical background can pursue a career in Hospital Management/Administration.
- To produce qualified healthcare management and hospital administration professionals.
- To acquaint students with modern principles, concept and means of healthcare management.
- To arouse awareness and interest in student about the growing significance and fundamental role of healthcare management.
- To prepare students for higher level studies and research, such as Master’s degree or Ph D in areas concerning healthcare management.
The duration of course will be 3 years full time
|Interest free Security Deposit (Refundable)
Fees payable at the time of Admission
(Which includes first semester fees)
|Total Course Fees for 3 Yrs
(Semester fees + 1 time payment)
Students will be provided with 2 shirts, 2 trousers, 1 business suit, 1 tie, 1 Bag. Students will also be able to access all facilities available at the campus. All University charges like Registration Fee, Development Fee, and Exam Fee etc. have to be paid by the student, separately to the University.
10+2 passed from any board with English as a subject. Students from any stream can apply. Candidates appearing in the Class XII board finals can also apply in advance.
- Principles of Management (Paper Code BHM-101)
- English Language & Communication (Paper Code BHM-102)
- Medical Terminology -I (Paper Code BHM-103)
- Accounts (Paper Code BHM-104)
- Hospital & Health System -I (History & Evolution) (Paper Code BHM-105)
- Hospital Operation Management I (Paper Code BHM-201)
- Bio-Statistics- I (Paper Code BHM-202)
- Medical Terminology II (Paper Code BHM-203)
- Marketing Management (Paper Code BHM-204)
- Hospital & health system -II (History & Evolution) (Paper Code BHM-205)
- Hospital Operations Management- II (Paper Code BHM-301)
- Bio-statistics-II (Paper Code BHM-302)
- Health Economics (Paper Code BHM-303)
- Medical Record Science-I (Paper Code BHM-304)
- Inventory Control & Purchase Management (Paper Code BHM-305)
- Epidemiology & Analysis of Health Information Data (Paper Code BHM-401)
- Support & Utility Services-I (Paper Code BHM-402)
- Environment & Ecology (Paper Code BHM-403)
- Medical Record Science-II (Paper Code BHM-404)
- Management Information System (Paper Code BHM-405)
- Quality in Health Care (Paper Code BHM-501)
- Support & Utility Services-II (Paper Code BHM-502)
- Law (Paper Code BHM-503)
- Financial Mgmt. (Paper Code BHM-504)
- Transport Management (Paper Code BBA-506)
- Human Resource Mgmt. (Paper Code BHM-505)
- Public Relations (Paper Code BHM-501)
- Medical Ethics (Paper Code BHM-502)
- Organizational Behavior (Paper Code BHM-503)
- Elective-I (Paper Code BHM-604A/B/C/D)
The Syllabus/Course Module are as per West Bengal University of Technology Curriculum
The medium of instruction shall be English only.
Job fields and employment areas for Hospital management students
Specialty Outpatient Clinics
Health Care Homes