M. Sc Computer Science is a highly prospective career option today for ambitious graduates in Computer Science, BCA, Physics, Mathematics and allied subjects. The course curriculum is uniquely designed to provide students the required practical exposure necessary for advanced knowledge acquisition as well as for research and development.
With the growing importance of specialized skilled personnel in the IT/ITeS sector and other related fields, M. Sc in Computer Science offers an extremely wide range of career scopes to choose from, each of them being financially and professionally rewarding. The options include highly challenging careers in Business Automation, Machine Intelligence, Internet of Things, Quantum Computing, High-Performance Computing, Bio-informatics, Computational Medical Science and so on. They can also pursue careers in research and development as well as in higher education and teaching.
The duration of course will be 2 years full time
|Interest free Security Deposit (Refundable)
Fees payable at the time of Admission
(Which includes first semester fees)
|Total Course Fees for 2 Yrs
(Semester fees + 1 time payment)
Students will be provided with 2 shirts, 2 trouser, 1 business suit, 1 tie, 1 Bag. Students will also be able to access all facilities available at the campus. All University charges like Registration Fee, Development Fee, and Exam Fee etc. have to be paid by the student, separately to the University.
- Introduce students to advance topics of CS
- Introduce students to research methodology
- Prepare students for specialized job role in both theoretical and applied CS or IT field.
A minimum aggregate score of 55% at the level of B.Sc graduation under (10+2+3) system with Computer Science / Applied Physical Sciences / Mathematics / other allied subject under Statistical or Mathematical or Computing Sciences as one of the main subjects of study completed from a recognized institute or university
B.E / B.Tech or an equivalent degree with Mathematics as one of the main subjects of study completed from a recognized institute or university.
The medium of instruction shall be English only.
Semester – I
- Principles of Programming Languages (MCS101)
- Advanced DBMS (MCS102)
- Information Systems & Software Engineering (MCS103)
- Discrete Mathematics & Numerical Methods (MCS104)
- Corporate Culture & Communication (MCS105)
Semester – II
- Object Oriented Analysis & Design (MCS201)
- Data Structure and Analysis of Algorithm (MCS202)
- Advanced Computer Architecture (MCS203)
- Data Communication & Networking (MCS204)
- Object Oriented Programming Lab (using Java) (MCS291)
- Data Structure Lab (MCS292)
- Microprocessor and VHDL/Verilog Lab (MCS293)
Semester – III
- Operation Research (MCS301)
- Advanced Operating System (MCS302)
- Artificial Intelligence (MCS303)
- Elective – 1 (MCSE301 A/B/C)
- OR Lab (MCS391)
- OS Lab (Unix) (MCS392)
- Seminar (MCS393)
- Industrial Training (MCS394)
Semester – IV
- Elective – 2 (MCSE401 A/B/C)
- Elective – 3 (MCSE402 A/B/C)
- Dissertation (MCS491)
- Elective – 3 Lab (MCS492 A/B/C)
- Viva Voce (MCS493)
Opportunities for well trained and qualified computer science professionals are endless. Recruiters include the IT Sector, Software, and Hardware Industries, Network Management companies, Web Designing companies, Digital Media production houses among others.
Job fields and employment areas for MSC students:
Software Quality Assurance
Big Data Analyst
Higher Academics and Research and Development
Machine intelligence analyst