MBA – Full Form, Admission, Courses, Syllabus, Colleges: MBA or, Master of Business Administration is one of the prominent post-graduate programs in India. This most sought after professional course is designed to educate and equip individuals with the industry-related skills and professional perception to perform diverse roles in the corporate domain. A regular or full-time MBA course is generally a two-year program split up into 4 or more semesters. If you want to pursue an MBA program after attaining a certain academic level or, amidst a career, you have made the right decision! Nowadays, there is a myriad of alternatives to choose from while pursuing a professional course. Such as Regular MBA Course, Online MBA course, and MBA Course through Distance Learning.
MBA course is beneficial for anyone who wants to secure a good position in the corporate world. It not only conventional, thus, can be pursued by a graduate irrespective of subject stream, be it humanities, science or, commerce. A full-time MBA course is much popular comprising of theory classes, practical projects, and mandatory industry-based internships.The MBA is an ideal program for fresh graduates including candidates with limited years of professional experience. The majority of the colleges in India prefer fresh graduates while some colleges also nominate candidates with limited industry experience wanting to enhance their skills and knowledge about a particular field. For instance, an executive with a minimum work experience of 5 years can pursue the Executive MBA course to enrich their administrative and leadership skill. The mentioned course will help not only help them gain knowledge but will enable them to secure a higher-level job. Further, the course will help them to stay relevant and thrive amidst the cut-throat job market.
MBA Eligibility in Details
Here are the eligibility criteria for a full-time MBA course:
1. The basic eligibility norms for a full-time MBA course is Graduation in any discipline or equivalent from a recognized university.
2. Nowadays, most institutions follow the score criteria for qualifying the candidates. For such, the minimum score bar in Graduation is 50℅ on average or equivalent. For reserved category students, the minimum score is 45℅ in aggregate.
3. Candidates studying in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for the MBA program. However, they need to submit the proof of graduation degree within the allotted time by the institution.
A brief insight into MBA Admissions
Entrances to all B-schools generally take place through an admission test. This test can be one of the following types:
1. National Level Test: CAT, MAT, CMAT, or ATMA is conducted by an apex governing unit or a prime national B-school on behalf of the other participating institutions.
2. State Level Test: MAH-CET, OJEE, KMAT, TANCET, or APICET is conducted by a state-level governing unit or a prime state B-school on behalf of the other participating institutions in the same state.
3. Entrance examination conducted by a B-school: IIFT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, IBSAT is conducted by an institution. Sometimes, the scores obtained on such entry test can be approved as a qualifying benchmark by other B-schools.
4. Entrance test conducted by a university: Universities affiliated with authorized body conduct entrance test for MBA programs. Such as KIITEE, MAKAUT, HPU MAT, and more such.
What next after qualifying for an MBA Entrance Test?
The qualifying test is usually followed by a second-level level screening round that could either be a group discussion or, a personal interview. The final evaluation is conducted by the institution.
The most in-demand MBA Courses & Specialisations
Besides the generic MBA course, there is a myriad of MBA specializations convenient to aspirants. You can choose a department or field in your MBA program, as it furnishes you with the essential skills for particular professions like finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and more. Some of the most distinguished MBA specializations are documented here:
- Agriculture & Food Business
- Business Analytics
- Business Economics
- Digital Marketing
- Disaster Management
- Energy & Environment
- Healthcare & Hospital
- Human Resources
- Import & Export
- International Business
- IT & Systems
- Materials Management
- NGO Management
- Oil & Gas
- Project Management
- Public Policy
- Rural Management
- Sports Management
- Supply Chain
- Textile Management
- Transport & Logistics
A full-time MBA course is a 2-year program divided into four or, six semesters. The semester-wise MBA Syllabus for the general course is charted below:
1. MBA Semester- I Syllabus
Human Resource Management
Information Technology Management
2. MBA Semester- II Syllabus
Organization Effectiveness and Change
Economic Environment of Business
Management of Information System
3. MBA Semester- III Syllabus
Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
Legal Environment of Business
4. MBA Semester- IV Syllabus
International Business Environment
List of best B-Schools/Colleges study full-time time MBA
A large number of B-schools across the country offer the best MBA courses through different modes. Prestigious institutions to pursue MBA programs include:
1. CHRIST University, Bengaluru, Karnataka
2. IIM Udaipur
3. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management Pune
4. Management institution in Sethji Ki Kundal, Rajasthan
5. XLRI Jamshedpur Xavier School of Management
6. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Delhi
7. Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, Rajasthan.
8. Inspiria Knowledge Campus, Siliguri
9. Amity University Noida, Uttar Pradesh
10. Lovely Professional University, Punjab
Besides, aspirants can decide on other esteemed B-schools in India and abroad. In this digital age, the mode of learning can be flexed to a digital one, that is, an Online MBA Degree. Also, Online MBA Degree, Distance MBA courses are suitable for aspirants willing to continue their studies simultaneously with a job.
Read Our Related Blogs