We Indians have a very famous verse in Sanskrit, “Atithi Devo Bhavo”. This is just not a phrase but also reflects Indian culture and ideology where the guest is respected as a God and the course of Hospitality Management is weaved around the services being provided to the guests in the field of hotels, restaurants, cruise lines, casinos, airlines, catering to name a few. Hospitality Management is a part of the service industry. The Indian tourism and hospitality industry has emerged as one of the key drivers of growth among the services sector in India.
- 1 Education
- 2 Skills desired
- 3 Responsibility
- 4 What the Industry has for aspiring students?
- 5 Facts and Figures
- 6 Where can a hospitality management degree take you?
- 7 HOTEL & RESORT
- 8 TECHNOLOGY AND LOGISTICS
- 9 TOURISM MANAGEMENT
- 10 EVENT MANAGEMENT
- 11 ENTERTAINMENT AND LEISURE
- 12 OTHER SECTORS AND SERVICES
Hotel management course is very nicely drafted by encompassing the theoretical aspects which one learns in college and the practical work experience the students gain while doing Industrial training.
To excel in the industry, one needs to develop:
- analytical, critical and problem-solving skills,
- communication skills
- negotiation and teamwork skills
- leadership and delegation skills
The major responsibility of a hospitality personnel is to ensure that travelers have a pleasant experience. One is responsible for overseeing the staff that works in the establishment and needs to make sure that any issues a customer has been addressed in a prompt and professional manner. You may also need to make sure that a hotel does not exceed its budget for the month. You will need to ensure that you have the ability to instantly respond to any emergencies that arise in the hotel environment, such as a theft or a fire.
What the Industry has for aspiring students?
- First and foremost is the job opportunities. One of the biggest gainers of the growing Indian economy is the hospitality sector and in years to come more and more skilled people will be required.
- Professionals in hospitality management can find work in catering, conference and events management, the entertainment and leisure sector, facilities management and food service management.
- There are roles for them throughout the public sector in universities, hospitals, transport and the armed forces. A self-employment is an option if one has the experience, the business sense, and a sound plan.
Facts and Figures
- World Travel and Tourism Council, India is the 18th popular business destination and is going to be in top 5 in coming years.
- 8.7% of worldwide employment is in travel and tourism.
- As per study by Hilton worldwide more than 73 million jobs are expected by 2023.
- The travel and tourism industry is expected to grow at a rate of 4% per annum from 2017-2023
(Know what happens inside any college that offers Hotel Management.)
Where can a hospitality management degree take you?
The hospitality industry offers a stimulating, international work environment and a wide array of career paths and job opportunities.The following list shows you some of the sectors you might work in upon graduating from Inspiria Knowledge Campus.
HOTEL & RESORT
- Hotels, Resorts and Clubs
- Food & Beverage
- Facilities Management
TECHNOLOGY AND LOGISTICS
- Hospitality Information Technology
- Logistics Management
- Real Estate Development
- Management Consulting
- Travel and Tourism
- Cruise Lines
- Promotion and Sport Management
- Agency and Personal Management
- Event and Venue Management
- Fitness, Health and Spa Management
ENTERTAINMENT AND LEISURE
- Entertainment and Leisure
- Entertainment and Amusement
- Theme Parks
OTHER SECTORS AND SERVICES
- Human Resources