Information Technology(IT) Industry has grown vastly within the last decade. The world is moving forward and technology is making advancements in almost each and every field. This leaves people with nothing other than just moving ahead with the same pace as Technology.With every progressing year, the demand for IT professionals is also increasing, which shows that the trend has a long way to go.This is an opportunity that the youth of India should have a clear idea about and start taking an advantage of it.
Different parts of India has a huge demand for computer application professionals and various colleges provide Bachelor of Computer Application’s (BCA) degree. This gives the students a chance to take a step ahead in making their career in IT Industry.
What is BCA?
BCA or Bachelor of Computer Application is a 3-year undergraduate program in computer applications which is often seen as equivalent to B.E. or B.Tech. in Computer Science. BCA course is open for students who have qualified Higher secondary examination with a minimum of 45% marks. The course is usually divided into six semesters and admission to the same is generally done through Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by respective institutes.
BCA course focuses on preparing students for roles pertaining to Computer Applications and IT industry and helps a student develop programming skills, networking skills and learn application packages, programming languages and modern techniques of Information technology. After completing BCA, a student has numerous career options to choose from. He/ She can find employment in various fields like Software Development, Banks, ITES, Government departments, Education etc.
Also Read: Why do a BCA course?
Eligibility for Bachelor of Computer Application(BCA)
For eligibility please go to our blog on “BCA admission criteria, BCA admission process”
It is often a matter of concern about how to choose the best college if you are interested in pursuing BCA. We have carefully researched and found out the best institutions in India that offer BCA. The institutes are evaluated in the order of their academics, industry association, student exposure and placement.
Given below is a list for top 10 BCA Colleges in India
- Inspiria Knowledge Campus, Siliguri (www.inspiria.edu.in)
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune (www.sicsr.ac.in)
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra (Campus in Jaipur, Kolkata, Mesra, Deogarh, Lalpur, Allahabad, Patna, Ranchi and Noida) (www.bitmesra.ac.in)
- Christ University, Banglore (www.christuniversity.in)
- Presidency University, Bangalore (www.presidencyuniversity.in)
- Institute of Management Studies, Noida (www.imsnoida.com)
- Amity University (Campusses in Noida, Ranchi and Kolkata) (www.amity.edu)
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Sikkim (www.smu.edu.in)
- Kalinga Institute of Technology, Odisha (www.kiit.ac.in)
- B.C.Roy Engineering College , Durgapur (bcrec.ac.in)