Artificial Intelligence(AI) is transforming the world. Likewise, it can transform the technique of employment by performing repetitive tasks with automation. So, do you know which jobs will be taken over by AI? Generally, any job that is monotonous and repetitive has a high chance to get taken over by it. Hence, the impending New Age of AI, IoT, and robotics oblige new skills in almost every aspect. It’s crucial to integrate new learnings to thrive in this new age. So, has the New-Age begun yet? The answer is; perhaps, we already have embarked on it.
For example, the digital transition propelled by the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic clearly indicates the rise of the new age. The transition, even if it was abrupt and hasty was unavoidable. Every aspect of life underwent the change on an extreme scale. Right from the classrooms to work, business conferences to leisurely events, world economy to the healthcare systems, including the myriad of other sectors experienced the transition.
Much comparative to the radical occurrences in history, the decade 2020 stirred a new age; the age of machines. Since the advent of the pandemic, the world was forced to adopt the new norms driven by technology. It is certain that the post-pandemic era will be gradually taken over by AI, machines, robotics. The clue regarding the new world order is clearer now. So it is practically impossible to reverse the pace and dodge this approaching new norm and modernity.
At present, it is high time to prepare ourselves to understand the new-age skill deficits and work vigorously to gain skills in advance. Whether you are a learner or a professional, you should know the risks of being oblivious. You should as well grasp the prospects mastering new-age skills to stay ahead of the curve. So, here are the reasons why you should learn new-age skills for new-age careers.
1. First and foremost, the new-age skills are crucial as the next generation-technology will replace the manual jobs. Learnings on AI, Blockchain, automation, Cloud Computing, algorithms, analytical reasoning, machine learning should be intensified as these sectors will generate new jobs in bulk. Therefore, the contemporary job sectors will appoint individuals with high-quality skills with adequate knowledge of technology.
2. The traditional insights and knowledge will not suffice the criterion to land a job in modern employment sectors. Educational curriculum, therefore, should be advanced and should incorporate industry knowledge to qualify for the new-age industries and jobs. The outdated and traditional curriculum may produce graduates but the traditional knowledge will soon become irrelevant and unrealistic for new-age careers.
3. AI, robots, social media, cloud computing, are already a term well known, but only a handful of individuals possess relevant skills that can serve in modern professional spheres. The majority of the graduates are unqualified and unprepared for new-age vacations. It’s understandable that the ratio of incompatibility is still higher than the skillful. We should prepare ourselves for career-related skills and knowledge to thrive in the next decade. Learnings and practices with relevance to new-age skills should be facilitated and prioritized for all.
4. There will be cut-throat competition in the job market. The organizations have already started to imitate the working standards of digital giants like Google, Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, etc. Therefore, the policy of hiring only a handful of employees for maximum profit generation will prevail. Thus, it’s important to learn and expand skills that involve knowledge of machines, digital marketing, web finance, digital transformation strategies to exhibit and sell products online and in bulk.
5. AI will take on tedious and repetitive jobs. Therefore, humans should be more agile for other realistic activities and enhance decision-making skills. It is crucial to promote the importance and create value for skills that AI and robotic cannot automate. Youngsters should be trained more in skills like communication and soft skills, decision making, and critical analysis including the global language for businesses (which is, English Language). Human skills should be refined, as it can not be automated by AI.
It’s certain that this new age innovation will dominate the world. The jobs will be created depending on the progress of AI, IoT, Machine Learning, Algorithms, and so on. Machines will soon replace humans for repetitious jobs. Since no field will remain unaffected by this transition, its crucial for you to educate and train yourself to meet the probable demands of the new-age. Irrespective of field and sectors you are in or, inclined to, you can develop a mindset to learn, grow, and thrive. With a broad perspective, you can set yourself in the progressive task to learn about machine technologies, master creativity, and inventive abilities and skills.