Interesting facts we almost knew!
Quizzing is always fun! I’m sure all of you reading this would never miss a good quiz programme on TV. Sure, a quiz contest is more about information and less about knowledge, (remember, great, knowledgeable men like Einstein cared little about information – he often forgot his own address!). Nevertheless, in this age of information, it is always a help to keep some information handy in your brains, be they trivial or important.
Here is a list of some very interesting questions which could keep you guessing!
- We all know Mount Everest is 8848 metres high. Do you know who first measured its height?
- Who introduced coffee to the world?
- Where did the guitar originate?
- Which civilization introduced silk production, lanterns, printing technology and tea?
- Which is the first full length feature film in Hindi?
- Which is the first newspaper printed and published in India?
- “Devnam Piyadasi” is the other name of which might emperor of ancient India?
- Which country introduced the land revenue system to the world?
- Which Mughal Emperor would play the Veena?
- Who invented television?
Interesting questions- for you to ponder! The answers (see bottom) will surprise many. See how many correct answers you can get. Good Luck!