First, let us know what is the difference between “Unemployability” and “Unemployment”. Then, with some facts and figures, we will come to know why Unemployability is a bigger problem.
Unemployable means : “not acceptable for employment as a worker.”
Unemployment is : “the state of being unemployed.”
Now let us look into some intriguing facts (India):
- More than 50 lakh students graduate per year. Very few are fit to be employed.
- More than 50% of India’s youth lack basic skills and quality
- GER (Gross enrolment ratio) for higher education in India is 34% which is frightfully less as compared to other developed nations (56%).
- GER is 50% of the world’s average
- 80% of India’s higher education system of the year 2030 is yet to be built.
- 10,00,000 people join the labour force every month for the next 20 years without adequate training
Reasons behind unemployability in India:
- Shortage of good institutions providing quality higher education.
- Lack of flexibility, recognition of prior learning and employer linkages.
- Lack of English knowledge and cognitive skills in students.
How to resolve this problem:
- Imparting higher education, the unconventional way!
- Introducing scholarships for deserving students
- Providing proper counselling to students
- Workshops and Seminars to create awareness on employability skills.
What is our initiative:
“Inspiria” – Inspire to achieve!
Objective : “Make Indian Youth Employable”
We believe that unemployability is a bigger problem than unemployment and hence we have set ourselves into a mission to address this problem.
As the first step towards addressing this issue, we set out to identify traits / skills which are required in order to achieve success. The 10 employability skills which most employers look for are:
- Strong self-belief
- Innovative problem solving
- Masterful communication
- Passion for quality
- Personal excellence
At Inspiria Knowledge Campus we equip the students with those ‘Employability Skills’ and provide them appropriate industry-specific training so that they can carry out their role in any field to the best of their ability.