The education system isn’t as orthodox as it was. Gone are the days when the students only had an option of choosing traditional subjects post-class 12. These days, young talents are looking to excel in the creative sector and heading to gain cognizance in designs and animation. With the advent of multiple genres in the design and animation industry, it has become one of the most alluring and enticing career options.
The Inspiria Knowledge Campus under the affiliation of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology offers a comprehensive course on BSc in Multimedia, Animation and Graphic Design. The course introduces UG students to the vast field of Video content making us one of the top institutes when it comes to BSc in Multimedia, Animation and Graphic Design.
Table of Content
Why B.Sc in Multimedia, Animation and Graphic Design
Apart from your personal interest, one of the major reasons to graduate in animation and graphics design is for its rapidly rising demand in the corporate world. According to the report of several websites, the adoption of animation in every industry will reach 75 Billion USD by 2027 is growing so the demand for animators will be high. However, hiring an animator with good editing skills will be a boon for the organisation.
- A bachelor in Multimedia Animation and Graphic design makes you proficient in 3D digital art and VFX and also exposes you to the latest industry-relevant software applications.
- The bachelor in B.Sc Multimedia, Animation and Graphics open portal to other postgraduate courses such as MSc in Animation, MSc Graphic Desing, MBA Animation Management etc.
- The demand for multimedia animation graduates in companies is going to increase at a rate of 16% by the year 2030. Thus an animator with multimedia animation knowledge would have a suitable salary package and a stable job.
Also read: Animation colleges in Siliguri
BSc in Multimedia, Animation and Graphics Design is a three-year undergraduate course having six semesters, two per year. It refers to the academic discipline involved in providing detailed knowledge about multimedia, animation, computer graphics, languages, feature films, product designing, graphic designing etc. This course integrates multiple aspects of 2D and 3D art, interactive media and animation with professional experience. You’ll get hands-on training in modelling, design, texturing, animation, lighting and rendering for a 3D design using professional software.
- To familiarize students with the fundamentals of Graphic Design, Animation & Multimedia in General.
- To impart in Students the skills of content creation, planning, visual effects, editing, and other creative aspects of multimedia.
- To introduce students to the world of 3D digital art and VFX and also expose them to the latest industry-relevant software applications.
- To help students keep up to date with the latest trends, follow the media ethics for achieving success in the industry.
- To impart knowledge and creative skills in multimedia and animation domains necessary for a successful career in the design and animation industry
Fee per Semester Rs. 40,000. Total Semester Fee = 6 x 40,000 = Rs.2,40,000
|Interest-free Security Deposit (Refundable)||10,000|
|Fees payable at the time of Admission(Which includes first semester fees)||92,000|
|Total Course Fees for 3 Yrs (Semester fees + 1 time payment)||2,92,000|
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing BSc in Multimedia, Animation and Graphics Design is qualifying 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Design fundamentals and Visual Literacy
- Fundamentals of Graphical representation
- English Communication
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Environmental Science.
- Materials and process for design production
- Visual narratives and sequential structure
- Animation Fundamentals
- Basics of Assessment in Psychology
- 2D Animation Production
- 3D Animation Production
- Digital post-production
- New Media Skills
- Advance experiments in Visual Storytelling
- Advertising & Branding Design
- Acting for Animation
- Stop Motion Animation
- Minor project
- Communication Design
- Dissertation, Capstone Project
- Dissertation & Viva Voce.
- The course is suitable for those who have a creative mind and broad commercial and cultural awareness of the media and creative industries.
- Students who have a teamwork spirit; initiation and development of creative work in writing, audio-visual, or other electronic media.
- Students who have a flexible independent approach to tasks and the ability to work to a brief and meet deadlines.
- Students who have an avid interest in designing and abstracting.
Scope Post B.Sc Multimedia, Animation and Graphic Design
Bost BCA you may dive deeper into the subject and pursue many postgraduation courses such as MSc in Graphic Design or MSc in Animation. Here are some of the post-graduation degree options.
MSc in Graphics Design: MA Graphic Design is a full-time master’s program with a duration of 2 years. It provides you with the expertise and support you need to develop your practice, sharpen your skills and grow your career in graphic design and other creative industries: opening up possibilities for future employment and entrepreneurship when you graduate.
MBA in Animation Management: MBA in Animation Management is a 2-year postgraduate course and is one of the most popular courses for students who want to seek study in management. Students will get familiar with a variety of forms of animation, through covering projects. Students learn the production of various forms and techniques of animation. Admission to this management course is done on the basis of various entrance exams conducted on both national and state levels.
MSc in Animation: Master Science in Animation is a 2-years postgraduate degree program. In this course, students will get to know about the advanced skills of creating drawings or modelling into an illusion of movement and motion. Popular major topics covered in the syllabus are 3D animation, VFX, graphic designing, game designing etc. The average course fee for pursuing this course is from INR 20,000 to INR 4,00,000 per annum depending upon the university.
A career in multimedia and animation is one of the most sought-after career options these days. And why not? With high salaries, career growth and an opportunity to showcase your creativity, a career in animation could be the right choice for today’s youth. Here are a few among many job opportunities for students pursuing BSc in multimedia, animation and graphic design.
2D and 3D animator: 2D and 3D Animation is the primary type of animation and is most available in creating marketing videos, cartoons, educational materials, or product advertisements. The meaning that 2D animation brings is enormous, and they help viewers quickly access and grasp information. Today, the demand for 2D and 3D animation by companies or businesses is increasing. They consider it to be a helpful way of promoting a product’s brand.
Graphic Design: Graphic designers are artists who design art in print & electronic media, such as magazines, television graphics, logos, and websites. Graphic Designers are generally employed in web designing companies and digital agencies. They work quite closely with web designers to give an awesome look to images, web documents, videos and many other web applications. Graphic designing allows a flexible work Environment. Students/working professionals can also work on a part-time or freelance basis.
Texture Artist: Texture artists specialize in creating the textures of 3D models. With games now requiring more photo-realistic finishes these days the role of the Texture Artist is increasing in importance. In line with this trend, some of the work of the Texture Artists involves scanning photographs and then applying them to objects and environments created by the 3D Modelers.
Data Visualization and Infographic designer: Data visualization and infographic designers need to have a solid understanding of how to represent data accurately and in ways that make it easier to understand. Working in this type of graphic design role means you need to understand how to work with large data sets and how to make that information digestible for people who aren’t data scientists.
As a Multimedia Artist you may also get into Printing, Publishing, Imaging, Packaging, Print Advertising, Graphic Designing, Web Design, Audio- Visual Editor, Post Production Artist in Vfx Industry, Game Designer, 3d Walkthrough Creator etc. Possibilities are plenty.
|Job Profile||Annual Salary|
|2D and 3D animator||₹3,00,000 – ₹5,00,000 per annum|
|Graphic Design||₹3,50,000 – ₹6,00,000 per annum|
|Texture Artist||₹3,20,000 – ₹5,80,000 per annum|
|Data Visualization and Infographic designer||₹3,30,000 – ₹6,50,000 per annum|
Frequently Asked Questions
B. Sc in animation and multimedia offers quite a number of possibilities as the job scene is quite fertile in India
No, Science is not mandatory to apply for BCA
Animation is a complex process with various styles and approaches, each with its benefits and drawbacks. It’s not so much that it’s difficult as it is that it takes time.
Unless you want to specialize in hand-drawn animation, no drawing skill is necessary to become a good animator.
The main difference between 2D and 3D animation is the level of artistry and mechanics. 3D is a more mechanical form of art compared to 2D.